The Student Information System
How to Make Grade Changes in SIS
Deadlines: Grades for January Term and spring semester may be changed through December 31; grades for summer and fall semesters may be changed through the following May 31.
Usage: The grade change process may be used to change a grade from one grade to another after grades have been submitted.
Note: To change the grading basis, change credits, add or delete students, make changes after the deadlines, or to make changes for non-current students, a paper Grade Change form must be submitted.
How to Change Grades
- In your Faculty Center, select the grade roster icon next to the class for which you want to submit a grade change.
- On the roster, click on the change grade button next to the student for whom a change is
- You cannot change the "W" for withdrawn students.
- You cannot change the grade if the student has graduated or withdrawn, or is otherwise no longer active.
- You will not see the change grade button if the change deadline has passed.
- Note: If the change grade column does not appear, click the expand icon at the top of the roster to open up any columns which are hidden by your browser.
- Enter the new grade and select a reason for the change. If you select a reason of
"Other", you must enter a brief statement explaining why the change is needed.
- Only grades appropriate for the class grading basis, as appeared on your original grade roster, can be selected.
- Click Save. You will see a pop-up confirmation message, and the change request
will be forwarded for the required approvals.
- If the change is denied by one of the approvers, you will receive an email explaining by whom and for what reason the change was denied.
- Once the change receives its final approval, you and the student will each receive an email informing you that a change has been processed. You will then be able to view the new grade on the grade roster.