The Student Information System
Graduate/SCPS Admission Evaluation System FAQs
Graduate/SCPS Admission Evaluation System Frequently Asked Questions
- Trouble accessing the Graduate/SCPS Admission Evaluation System in SIS on your computer or iPad?
- First, clear your browser cache (temporary Internet files).
- Set your popup settings to accept Student Information System pages.
- If you are logged in via VPN, please disconnect VPN. Some schools have varying VPN filters that may cause a problem with access.
- If you have difficulty accessing the system using Internet Explorer (IE), please try another browser such as Firefox.
- For Mac users, if you experience a blank PDF, install Adobe Reader. Some documents uploaded by applicants have fonts that Mac Preview does not display (see instructions for Installing Adobe Reader on a Mac below).
- If you have tried all these suggestions and still have difficulty, please contact the UVa Help Desk or your Local Support Partner (LSP) at your school for additional help.
- Instructions for installing Adobe Reader on a Mac
Adobe Reader is a free PDF reader available from Adobe at www.adobe.com.
- Go to www.adobe.com and click the Adobe Reader
link at the bottom right to download the installation package.
- Click the Download now box.
- Find the downloaded package and double-click on the package name. The usual
location for downloaded items is the Downloads folder.
- A package file will appear in a new window. Double-click on the package file.
- Follow the instructions for installing Adobe Reader.
- Once installed, Adobe Reader will appear as an Application in the
- Double-click the Adobe Reader application to launch it the first time.
Once launched it will ask if you want to use Adobe Reader as your default
PDF viewer. Select Yes.
- Go to www.adobe.com and click the Adobe Reader link at the bottom right to download the installation package.