ITS Web Resources
Creating a Website & Where to Put It
Please note that all use of computers at the University of Virginia, including personal, departmental, and organizational websites, is governed by University policies regarding appropriate use of University equipment. Information on design standards and branding for UVa sites is also available.
- For a robust, secure web presence over the long term, ITS recommends contracting for a supported hosting solution. More information is available on our ITS Hosting site.
- For those requiring a professionally-built, turnkey web presence, ITS Custom Applications and Consulting Services group delivers end-to-end website solutions, including database components and Drupal content management.
- UVa Faculty are eligible to set up accounts on the faculty.virginia.edu server, for one or more classes and/or research project(s). Sites on the faculty site can be retained year-to-year. Find out more ».
- Some organizations at the University of Virginia are eligible to have their Web pages on the independent organizations server (indorgs.virginia.edu). To request an account on the indorgs server, please visit the account request form.
- Individuals from the University of Virginia community who want personal websites can use their Home Directory Service accounts to publish pages on the people.virginia.edu server.