UVA Login Information
Create or Manage Your UVA Computing ID & Password
You will need a UVA computing ID and password to log in to many UVA systems via NetBadge. You will be required to reset your UVA password annually.
New to UVA
(No Previous UVA Affiliation)
- Once you receive an official email from UVA with your activation code, activate your UVA computing ID & create a password (One-time only; forgot your computing ID? See below.)
- Create or manage your personal security questions. These will help you if you need to recover a lost or forgotten password.
Reset Your UVA Password
(Current or Previous UVA Affiliation)
- If you know your current password or have a digital certificate:
- If you do not know your current password:
- If you are a UVA Health System employee: Reset your Health System password (You can use this password for NetBadge.)
Your UVA Electronic IDs Explained
- UVA Computing ID
- Your computing ID consists of your initials, a number, and 1-2 letters. It is the beginning of your UVA email address and your user ID for many UVA systems.
- Applicants for admission & new students: An official email from UVA containing your computing ID is sent during the admission process. Have the email with your computing ID re-sent to the email address you used for your UVA application.
- New faculty & staff: Look up your computing ID in the UVA People Search.
- University ID
- Your University ID is a 9-digit number, sometimes listed on your UVA ID card.
- Log in to the Identity & Access Management Portal to view your University ID.
- Student Information System (SIS) ID
- If you are a student, then you should have received an email containing your SIS ID during the admission process. The email is sent from email@example.com to the email address you used for your UVA application.
- If you do not have your SIS ID, have the email with your SIS ID re-sent to the email address you used for your UVA application.