ITS Training & Student Engagement
Preview a VTC Online Course
Preview a Virtual Training Company (VTC) Online Course
No login is needed to preview the first three chapters of any course.
- Go to http://www.vtc.com.
- Click on TRY FREE DEMO in the center of the page.
- Select a course by searching for a title or by browsing the list of titles.
- Click on the desired title.
- Preview any tutorials in the first three chapters of the selected title.
Note: You must have QuickTime installed on your computer. Download QuickTime »
Obtain an Account to View Entire Courses
To view entire courses free of charge, send an email requesting a VTC account to email@example.com. Include your University of Virginia Computing ID (not an alias), your department name, and your phone number. Please make “New VTC Account” the subject of your email. ITS Training & Student Engagement will send you email verifying that your account is ready.
Log in to VTC
- Go to http://www.vtc.com. In the upper righthand corner there are input boxes for your username and password.
- For username, enter your UVa Computing ID.
- For password, enter the word “training” in lower case.
- Click Login.
ITS Training & Student Engagement is allowed a limited number of concurrent logins. If VTC
displays the following message
Error Message: Your concurrent login limit is crossed. You will not be able to login now. Please try later or contact your account manager.
try again later. If the message displays persistently, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Begin Viewing a Course
- After login, select a course by searching on the title (type it into the search box just below the header at the top left of the page), or by clicking on Tutorials to browse categories.
- Click on the desired course.
- The first time you view the course, click on Add this course to “My Course List”, under Options at the top of the righthand column.
- Click on the desired tutorial to begin viewing.
- Please log out when not using your account.