ITS Training & Student Engagement
Continuously improving skills and knowledge is essential for effective performance in our current and future jobs. ITS Training & Student Engagement offers a wide variety of training and development activities.
The majority of ITS Training & Student Engagement classes are available only for faculty, staff, and students at the University of Virginia. Some classes, like Apple Authorized Training, are open to non-UVa-affiliated persons.
- Student Training
- Classes designed specially for student schedules such as Online Video Training and more.
- Instructor-led Training
- Classroom training, informal live instruction, Web Certification, TOTT, and Student Training.
- Self-help Training Services
- Video and online training resources available from ITS Training & Student Engagement and UVa Human Resources Employee Development.
- Certification Services
- Training leading to University-recognized certifications.
- Conferences and Technology Outreach
- Training services tailored to the needs of individuals, departments,
and customer groups at the University of Virginia.
- Office Technology Conference 2013: OTC 2013 will be held on May 22, 2013.
- UVa Exchange & Outlook Training:
- Apple Authorized Training Center
- In partnership with UVa Human Resources, these courses, led by Apple certified trainers,
provide a hands-on experience for IT professionals and lead to various Apple Certifications.
- Apple Certified Technical Training introduces students to the current Mac operating system and instructs IT professionals on planning, supporting, and integrating Mac operating systems. Certification exams are offered at the conclusion of every course.
- Apple Certified Pro Apps Training classes are conducted in Clemons Library in the Digital Media Lab. These are designed for individuals who need a high skill level in the use of Apple's Pro applications or for professionals who provide support for Final Cut Pro software and peripheral devices.