ITS Training & Student Engagement
Continuously improving skills and knowledge is essential for effective performance in our current and future jobs. ITS Training & Student Engagement offers a wide variety of training and development activities.
The majority of ITS Training & Student Engagement classes are available only for faculty, staff, and students at the University of Virginia. Some classes, like Apple Authorized Training, are open to non-UVa-affiliated persons.
- Student Training
- Classes designed specially for student schedules such as Online Video Training and more.
- Instructor-led Training
- Classroom training, informal live instruction, Web Certification, TOTT, and Student Training.
- Self-help Training Services
- Video and online training resources available from ITS Training & Student Engagement and UVa Human Resources Employee Development.
- Certification Services
- Training leading to University-recognized certifications.
- Conferences and Technology Outreach
- Training services tailored to the needs of individuals, departments,
and customer groups at the University of Virginia.
- Office Technology Conference 2014: OTC 2014 was held on Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at the John Paul Jones Arena.
- Apple Authorized Training Center
- Please note (as of July 2, 2014): AATC courses, offered by ITS in partnership with
UVa Human Resources, and led by Apple authorized trainers, will no longer be
offered, starting August 1, 2014.
- Apple Certified Technical Training introduces students to the current Mac operating system and instructs IT professionals on planning, supporting, and integrating Mac operating systems. Certification exams are offered at the conclusion of every course.