University Telephone System
Configuring Call Waiting
Setting Up Call Waiting
This feature allows you to decide whether phone calls in progress can be interrupted by other calls.
If the service is turned on, and you receive a call while taking another, you will hear a beep. You may put the first call on hold to answer the incoming call. If the service is turned off, you will not receive calls while the phone is in use, and an incoming caller will hear a busy tone.
To turn Call Waiting on or off through the Voice Portal:
- Log on to the UVa Telephone System Portal.
- Look under the Calling Features tab.
- Click the radio button for Call Waiting (under the Call Control heading) to “On” or “Off”.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
To turn Call Waiting on or off through the Special Feature Codes:
- To turn call waiting On, pick up the handset and dial *43.
- To turn call waiting Off, pick up the handset and dial #43.
NOTE: Call Waiting behavior may vary when used in conjunction with other services such as Shared Call Appearance and Call Forwarding Busy.