Want to get more out of your cell phone?
- ... bought a new iPhone, BlackBerry, or other smartphone, and you're wondering where to start with it;
- ... are getting ready to upgrade your phone, and you don't know what to look for;
- ... have heard scary things about cell phone radiation or mobile data security, and you'd like to know more; or
- ... you'd like to learn how to make telephone calls without using a phone at all ...
... then we'll see you at the UVa Mobile Communications Fair!
The Fair is a free, all-day conference where you can find out everything you need to get the phone that is right for you—or wring the full potential out of the phone you already own. Two exciting event tracks will feature presentations such as:
- A Cell Phone Buyers' Guide, where you can find out the right questions to ask when it's time to get a new phone;
- Is Your Cell Phone Killing You?, where we examine the health aspects of mobile communications;
- My Smartphone Beat Up Your Honor Student, in which a panel of power users share the pros (and cons) of different phone models;
- Voice Over IP (VOIP) Services, where you'll learn how to turn your internet connection into a feature-rich telephone
—and lots more! (See all the details on our schedule page.) The Mobile Fair will also feature morning and afternoon refreshments; displays by wireless vendors; an ITS booth where you can get help connecting your smartphone to UVa resources like the cavalier wireless network and Exchange email; and exciting door prizes including a BlackBerry 9630 Tour from nTelos and a BlackBerry 8350i from Sprint!
Space is limited for the Fair, so register now to reserve a seat!