Getting Started with QuestionPro
What is QuestionPro?
QuestionPro is Web-based software for creating and distributing surveys. It provides:
- an intuitive wizard interface for creating survey questions,
- tools for distributing your survey via email or your website, and
- tools for analyzing and viewing your results.
You simply build your survey and email it to a list of potential respondents. QuestionPro will collect and record the responses. Results are available in real time.
A note about building "good" surveys: conducting a survey that will obtain valid results requires knowledge, experience, and careful consideration of all the factors involved, just like any research or scientific endeavor. Responses and survey outcomes are affected by how you word your questions, their order, pick your response choice types, and the quality of the Web survey tool—Question Pro can create a rigorous and methodologically sound survey.
QuestionPro University Sponsorship
QuestionPro has partnered with the University of Virginia to provide a free University site license. Projects making use of this license must be strictly academic in nature and should not be part of any paid research or consulting work.
The University site license applies to anyone affiliated with the University — students (full and part-time), faculty members, and administrative staff.
More information about the University Sponsorship is available from QuestionPro.
With the exception of creating sub-accounts, license features are the same as QuestionPro's Corporate license features.
Every user of QuestionPro is provided with their own account. Users must sign up with a University-assigned email address for automatic validation of their status; a unique username and password will then be assigned.
As you use QuestionPro, remember:
- You must have a UVa-assigned email address (e.g., email@example.com).
- QuestionPro is a self-service offering.
- For assistance with survey design, question creation, and survey methodology, please contact Nancy Kechner in the Scholars' Lab in Alderman Library by telephoning 434-243-8800 or filling out the Scholars' Lab Help Request form.
- University Sponsorship Licenses do not come with any support from QuestionPro.
To get started using QuestionPro, register at QuestionPro UVa Portal.