Blackboard Collaborate at UVA
About Blackboard Collaborate
UVA holds a site-wide license for Blackboard Collaborate. Its suite of products is available for use by all University faculty, staff, and students.
Blackboard Collaborate facilitates real-time online meetings, trainings, and classes for your project groups, research teams, and academic courses through:
- Blackboard Collaborate enables meeting facilitators/participants
and instructors/students to interact and collaborate online in real time. It is available
as a tool in UVACollab sites or standalone,
and also includes:
- Blackboard Collaborate Plan, which aids pre-meeting/class preparation by automating routine tasks; and
- Blackboard Collaborate Publish, which converts recorded sessions into portable formats that can be viewed in a Web browser or mobile device.
More information about Blackboard Collaborate’s robust audio, video, whiteboard, chat and other feedback capabilities, and its application-sharing tools, is on the vendor website, including:
- Recommendations about minimum operating system, browser, and Java requirements, and
- Information for first-time users.
UVA's contract with Blackboard Collaborate includes:
- 50 GB of storage for standard recordings and pre-load storage,
- 50 GB of storage for MP4 recording conversion, and
- 10,000 annual MP4 views/downloads.
Get Started Now
- Create Blackboard Collaborate sessions:
- Using the Blackboard Collaborate LTI Tool in UVACollab or
- By having your departmental support person create a meeting for you directly in Blackboard Collaborate.
- Find out who your designated departmental support person is.
- View the Blackboard Collaborate usage at UVA instructions.
- Check out Blackboard Collaborate training and demo options.