ITS Services Catalog
Service Detail Listing
CrashPlan (Desktop Backup Service)
CrashPlan is a cloud-enhanced desktop backup service. Code42 securely backs up your endpoint devices to the cloud, while keeping the security keys to your content safely in UVA's control.
- Cloud storage for backup of up to 4 endpoint devices per user
- Protection against crypto-ransomware and other malicious software that destroys/encrypts content on end-user devices
- Protection of University data on endpoint devices from loss due to hard drive failure, computer failure, etc.
- Degree-seeking Graduate Students
- University of Virginia-Academic Division Faculty, Staff, and Instructors
Requirements for service
CrashPlan is currently offered at no cost to the University community until June 30, 2019. After that, the cost model/fee structure will be determined for continued use of the service.
How to get this service
Estimated delivery time after service request
Automatic, immediately available • Target for achieving delivery timeframe: 99.5%
Service home page
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365), 434-924-4357 • Referrals:
Standard Business Hours (8 AM to 5 PM Mon–Fri)
Support Response Targets
2-hour response time from when a complete ticket is submitted to the Help Desk and within support operating hours listed above
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365) • Availability percentage target: 99.5%
Standard Maintenance Window
Category of Service
Departmental Computing Support
Feedback about this service