ITS Services Catalog
Service Detail Listing
SIS (Student Information System)
The Student Information System (SIS) allows applicants and students to apply to the University, enroll in classes, receive financial aid, process grades and academic requirements, and pay tuition. The SIS portal is available to all users, allowing them to browse the course catalog and request registration for classes. The portal includes access to SIS Mobile. SIS Mobile enables current students to do most tasks available in SIS, plus some new functionality:
- See your daily class schedule and locations on a map and also your exams.
- Share interesting classes with friends via Facebook and Twitter.
- Add or drop classes, view your to do list, holds, etc.
- Check your grades on the go.
Requirements for service
- Students need a self-service responsibility (assigned automatically to all students) and credentials to get through NetBadge
- Administrative access requires an administrative responsibility, VPN software, and a UVA Identity Token
The Course Selection Guide
(CSG) allows students to view evaluation results from previous offerings of a course to assist them in making registration decisions. While housed in UVaCollab, links, labeled "Evaluations," to access the Course Selection Guide are available from the individual Class Detail screens in SIS.
Common Good service included in school/major unit direct allocation.
How to get this service
Estimated delivery time after service request
- Applicant/Student Access (Self-Service): 48 hours, from applying or requesting registration for class
- Administrative Access: Respond with status and projected completion time/date within 8 business hours
• Target for achieving delivery timeframe:
Service home page
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365), 434-924-4357 • Referrals:
Standard Business Hours (8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday) with some exceptions for critical support like enrollment and grading
Support Response Targets
2-hour response time from when a complete ticket is submitted to the Help Desk and within specified support operating hours listed above.
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365) • Availability percentage target: 99%
Standard Maintenance Window
Daily, 5:00 AM-7:00 AM. Service disruptions may occur during this time.
Category of Service
Software, Accounts, Learning and Research
Feedback about this service