ITS Services Catalog
Service Detail Listing
High-Security VPN Authorization Service
ITS provides an authorization service for high-security Virtual Private Network (VPN) access.
- Provides access to high-security networks via a Cisco VPN client used in conjunction with a UVA Identity Token.
- Access to Student Information System (SIS) networks and Integrated System Oracle networks is handled by this service if user has the appropriate SIS role or Integrated System Responsibility.
- Access to protected departmental servers on the high-security VPN are handled by this service based on email-based approvals from the correct system owners and/or ITS Virtualization and Microsoft Services (VAMS).
- Clinical subnet access is handled by this service based on approval from the MCC Security group (email them).
- Access to the ES3 server is handled by this service based on approval from ITS VAMS.
Requirements for service
User must have a UVA Identity Token and have requested and been granted access to the pertinent systems on the high-security network for which access is being requested.
Common Good service included in school/major unit direct allocation.
How to get this service
- User initiated by first obtaining a UVA Identity Token (documentation/instructions).
- User then seeks approval from appropriate designate and that person will send a request for user to be granted access on the VPN. (Request authorization to access a high-security VPN network at UVA).
Estimated delivery time after service request
8 standard business hours from the time authorization email is received from appropriate designate for the high-security system in question.
• Target for achieving delivery timeframe: 90%
Service home page
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365), 434-924-4357 • Referrals:
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365)
Support Response Targets
2-hour response time from when a complete ticket is submitted to the Help Desk and within support operating hours listed above
Full-time (24 x 7 x 365) • Availability percentage target: 99.5%
Category of Service
Virtualization and Microsoft Services (VAMS)
Feedback about this service