ITS Services Catalog
Service Detail Listing
Emergency Notification Systems are used by an authorized group of people (primarily the University Police Department) to send time-sensitive emergency messages using multiple notification modes to all faculty, staff, and students in the Charlottesville area. This includes:
- An email message to your primary University email account
- Displays in classrooms of 150 or more
- Emergency messages on all HooView-participating displays and departmental displays subscribing to the Display Override option
- Public via visible screens or being added as a mode of communications.
For Optional Simple Message Service (SMS Messages only): Your mobile phone must be capable of receiving text messages and your mobile phone service plan must support receiving them.
You must have your mobile phone with you during signup. The registration process will require you to validate your account by entering a 4-digit verification code in the "Create New User Account" Web form. This 4-digit code will be sent to your mobile phone within seconds of creating an account. UVA employees with phones on state contract must activate text messaging on their service plan.
- Desktop Notification (Alertus)
- Simple Message Service (SMS)/External Email
- External Notification via UVA Alerts provides up to 5 external contacts so students may add parents to this mode of communication.