ITS Services Catalog
Services for Category: Learning and Research
Here is a list of ITS services related to the category of Learning and Research.
- Box (UVA Box)
- Box is a cloud-based storage and collaboration service that gives eligible members of the University community the ability to access, store, and share a wide range of non-sensitive/moderately sensitive University files securely—anywhere, anytime, on any device.
A UVA Box account provides:
- 1 TB of space
- Access to your files via computer, smartphone, & mobile device
- Share and collaborate with colleagues both inside and outside the University
- Auto-sync, commenting, customizable permissions, and version history functionality all available
- Classrooms, Technology-Enhanced
- Technology-enabled classrooms are available for use by University of Virginia faculty and students for instructional purposes. Services in most rooms include projection of quality computer images and presentations, DVD players, and computer stations for instructors. Student computers are also available in some rooms. Support staff are available for emergency assistance, troubleshooting problems, and help in learning about use of the equipment. (List of rooms with equipment)
More info »
- Collab (UVACollab)
- UVACollab is the University of Virginia's centrally supported online course management, collaboration and learning (CLE) system. It supports and facilitates coursework as well as collaboration among project teams, research groups, committees, etc. UVACollab is based upon the open-source, community-developed software, Sakai. More info »
- Course Evaluations
- The University of Virginia's online course evaluation system is used for all courses at UVA except those in the 3 professional schools (Medicine, Law, and Darden Business, who run their own systems). Students anonymously submit evaluations at the end of each of their courses via UVACollab.
Results are made available to instructors and department/school administrators via UVACollab, and to students via SIS links to the Course Selection Guide. Response rate statistics are also available to the UVA community. More info »
- Help Desk
- The UVA Help Desk serves as the central point of contact for IT support for the University community providing solutions to computing problems involving the UVA network and applications supported by ITS or problems accessing and using the Integrated System or Student Information System (SIS), by calling 4-HELP (434-924-4357). More info »
- Hive (UVA Hive)
- The UVA Hive facilitates access to UVA specialized software:
- from anywhere, anytime via an Internet connection and a Web browser;
- through high-availability, enterprise-level VMWare that hosts a virtual Windows desktop environment;
- on a virtual desktop that is configured with ITS Labs and Classroom specialized software, which eliminates the need to purchase software or go somewhere to access it;
- with multiple supported devices; and
- supports remote printing.
- Local Support Partners (LSP) Program
- The LSP Program is a partnership between ITS and computing professionals serving departments throughout the University. The LSP community offers IT professionals a peer network they can leverage for collaborative troubleshooting of issues, technology selection advice, and shared best practices in security, desktop management, and more. LSPs also have the opportunity to participate in technology pilots, issue remediation projects, and certification-directed training provided by ITS. More info »
- Proxy Service
- Some University of Virginia resources, such as library materials, online databases, news resources, and downloadable software, have license restrictions that limit their use to the University community. The proxy server provides access to these restricted UVA resources off Grounds. More info »
- Qualtrics Research Suite
- Qualtrics at UVA is a 3-year pilot service (start date June 2016) that will provide survey research capabilities to faculty, staff, and students (including, but not limited to, the Academic division and the UVA Medical Center). This software package allows for robust survey composition with a multitude of question types, complex survey flow patterns, and the ability to complete authenticated surveys. More info »
- Research Computing - High Performance Computing Clusters
- ITS provides system administration and cluster management for High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters, with UVA Advanced Research Computing Services (ARCS) providing policy oversight. More info »
- SharePoint (On-Premises)
- Microsoft SharePoint is a Web-based system that facilitates collaboration among individuals or groups by setting up websites to share information with others, manage documents from start to finish, and share other related tasks.
It also offers 3 GB of storage space and integrates easily with other Microsoft products (e.g., the Office suite, Access, Lync, Project) allowing for coordination of projects, calendars, and schedules, having discussions, and sharing documents and proposal reviews. More info »
- SIS (Student Information System)
The Student Information System (SIS) allows applicants and students to apply to the University, enroll in classes, receive financial aid, process grades and academic requirements, and pay tuition. The SIS portal is available to all users, allowing them to browse the course catalog and request registration for classes. The portal includes access to SIS Mobile. SIS Mobile enables current students to do most tasks available in SIS, plus some new functionality:
- See your daily class schedule and locations on a map and also your exams.
- Share interesting classes with friends via Facebook and Twitter.
- Add or drop classes, view your to do list, holds, etc.
- Check your grades on the go.
- Telepresence System
- The Cisco Telepresence System enables premium quality video and audio conferencing through the service locations at Clemons Library and Clark Hall. More info »
- Test Scoring (Scan & Score)
- This service was retired on May 31, 2017. For details about the new service offered by UVA Printing & Copying Service, please see their website. More info »