Scantron “Bubble Sheet” Scanning
Features of Scan&Score
Scan&Score is a Web-based test scoring system that will:
- accept data files from external sources;
- provide methods for scoring, sorting and analyzing the input data;
- provide secure storage of results (2 years for active retrieval, 7 years archival storage);
- provide the ability for the user to retrieve the final analysis.
Access and Designated Users
Access to Scan&Score is granted when you initially complete the scanning request form. If you later need to grant access rights to additional users (such as a designated teaching assistant), contact the UVa Help Desk.
UVa Faculty, Teaching Assistants (TAs), and Staff
- Pick up blank bubble sheets Monday through Friday (University holidays excepted) at:
- ISPRO Access Management in Carruthers Hall (8 AM–4 PM)
- Give your exam; pay special attention to the proper bubble sheet marking and handling instructions. Only purple bubble sheets are accepted.
- Drop off your Scantron forms with your completed scanning request form
at ISPRO Access Management in Carruthers Hall, Monday through Friday, 8 AM–4 PM
(University holidays excepted).
- Bubble sheets are not accepted for scanning via Messenger Mail.
- Wait approximately one business day for your bubble sheets to be scanned. The exam owner will receive an email notification when their exam has been scanned.
- Click the link in the notification email to access the scanned data through the secure online Scan&Score application. Log in through the NetBadge interface.
- View student grades, create result subsets, view exam statistics, and modify the answer key as needed. See Scan&Score instructions.
- Pick up your forms from ISPRO Access Management in Carruthers Hall within 10 business days or they will be recycled. They cannot be returned via Messenger Mail.
- Read the Scan&Score instructions for more information.
Exam scores remain available through the Scan&Score application for two years.
For more information or for questions, contact the UVa Help Desk.