Responsible Computing at UVa
University of Virginia faculty, staff, and students are expected to be responsible users of the Internet and of the University's computing resources; to follow the University's Standards of Conduct, Honor System, and Human Resources policies; and to abide by local, state, and federal laws relating to copyrights, security, etc.
Irresponsible behavior can jeopardize both your computing privileges and your career at UVa; this video parody shows you what not to do.
Responsible Computing Handbooks
Online Responsible Computing Tutorial (Part of Account Activation)
Additional University Policy Information
- University-wide Computing Policies and Related Information
- Faculty Handbook from the Office of the Vice President and Provost
- Undergraduate Record from the Office of the University Registrar (UREG)
- Graduate Record from the Office of the University Registrar (UREG)
- The University of Virginia's Statement of Student Rights and Responsibilities from the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs