Annual UVA Computing Account Password Reset
Change Your Password
In response to increasing cyber security threats, the University is requiring annual individual UVA computing account password resets. Changing any of your passwords regularly will help reduce the risk of your accounts being maliciously used by hackers.
You'll be receiving an email from ITS with instructions for password reset.
* This does NOT include Health System/Medical Center, Darden, or McIntire email services, or passwords for departmental or administrative systems.
What You'll Need
You will need the following:
- Your password or a digital certificate that gets you through NetBadge
- Your University ID # (located on your UVA ID card or, if you don't have a card, go to http://its.virginia.edu/identity/idlookup.html)
- Answers to one or more of your security questions
Before You Start...
Important note about changing your password on your computer & your mobile device.
- If you use a mobile device(s) (phones, tablets) to read your UVa email (except for Darden, McIntire, and HSTS), put it in "airplane mode." If you don't do this, your device will repeatedly try to log in with your password and will cause a lockout.
- On your computer go to https://password.virginia.edu .
- Change your password.
- With your mobile device(s) still in airplane mode, change your email password to the password you created in step 3 above on each device. On Android and certain other mobile devices, you may have to delete the email account from the device and set it up again in order to change the password.
- Take your device(s) out of airplane mode.
I have all of the above and I'm ready to change my password. »
If you need help...
Can't remember your password? Don't know if you've set security questions? Answer the questions at Password Help to get directed to the proper help.