Virtual Private Network (VPN) at UVA
Access to Secure UVA Resources
What is the UVA VPN Service?
The UVA Virtual Private Network (VPN) service provides authorized users secure, authenticated access to resources normally limited to on-Grounds use. UVA offers three VPN service profiles:
- UVA Anywhere
Provides an off-Grounds connection to resources that normally require you to be on Grounds to use them; e.g., Library resources, the UVa Home Directory Service, the Exchange Server, servers restricted by departments, etc.
- Joint VPN
Enables academic users to access high-security network resources from on- or off-Grounds.
- UVA More Secure Network
Enables access for faculty and staff to resources protected by the More Secure Network, from on- or off-Grounds. Learn More about the UVA More Secure Network »
All traffic and actions on the UVA network are subject to University policies. By connecting to the University's network, you acknowledge and consent to these terms.
Get the VPN
Follow these steps to install the VPN. This installation process includes all three of the UVA VPN profiles.
2. You must successfully complete all the steps outlined in this section to configure the VPN correctly:
- Download the VPN at UVA Software Gateway.
- Select your operating system.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Sign into Netbadge. Once signed in, the download will begin.
- Return to this page to run and configure the VPN.
3.Install the VPN
4.Configure the VPN Client software.