NetBadge at UVa
How to Log Into the UVa NetBadge Service
What is NetBadge?
NetBadge is not an ITS computing account. Instead, NetBadge verifies your identity for a protected UVa website or service, using 1 of the 2 methods below.
Two Options to Log Into UVa NetBadge
Digital Certificate NetBadge Login Method
|Pros & cons of using your digital certificate||Use your personal digital certificate to log in if you are...||How to log into NetBadge with your digital certificate|
Computing ID & Password NetBadge Login Method
|Pros & cons of using a password for NetBadge||Use your computing ID & password to log in if you are...||How to log into NetBadge with a password|
What Happens After Logging Into NetBadge
- NetBadge attempts to use the credentials you just entered to
log you into your desired UVa website or resource.
- If your NetBadge login succeeds: You will be automatically redirected back to the initial UVa website or page you were attempting to access.
- If your NetBadge login does not succeed:
Troubleshoot by trying again.
- If you were using the password login method: Try again in
case of a typo.
- Make sure your Caps Lock key is off and your Num Lock key is on.
- If available, try to use your digital certificate to log in instead.
- If you keep seeing your NetBadge status page: You may need to reset cookie-handling back to your browser’s default behavior. See these FAQs:
- If you still cannot successfully log into NetBadge: Contact the UVa Help Desk.
- If you were using the password login method: Try again in case of a typo.
- Provide additional information to log into Enhanced NetBadge, if required. Some UVa websites require an even higher level of security because they are protected by Enhanced NetBadge. So, if you are presented with an additional NetBadge login screen, then you will also need to supply:
- your University ID number (which appears on your UVa ID card or can be looked up online);
- and the answer to one of your personal security questions set during the ID verification process.
- Stay logged into NetBadge to enjoy “single sign-on.” Once logged into NetBadge, you will remain logged in for either:
- 9 hours, if you are on Grounds; or
- 1 hour, if you are off-Grounds; or
- until you log out of NetBadge by exiting your browser — whichever comes first.
Checking the Status of Your NetBadge
At any time after you log into NetBadge, you can check your NetBadge status to find out how much longer your NetBadge is valid, simply by returning to the direct-login NetBadge webpage. There you will also find a list of your most recent logins.
(Note: If you are not currently logged into the service when you go to the NetBadge URL, it will prompt you to log in before displaying your status.)