Identity Management at UVa
Available Enhanced NetBadge Tools
Be Ready for Enhanced NetBadge
The enhanced version of NetBadge protects certain University Web applications which require greater security than just “original” NetBadge.
Over time, more and more University systems which require a higher level of identity assurance than username or password alone will elect to use Enhanced NetBadge for authentication.
Learn more about Enhanced NetBadge.
Available Password & Security Question Management Tools
Check whether you have completed the entire ID verification process and are ready for Enhanced NetBadge. Three tools are available—use them as needed:
- Check whether you have already set up your personal security questions & answers as part of ID verification: Take the Personal Security Question Test.
- If yes: You may want to use the next tool below to make sure you can successfully answer them and “clear” Enhanced NetBadge.
- If no: You need to finish your in-person ID verification process before you are ready to proceed.
- Test whether you can successfully authenticate through NetBadge by answering a security question: Log into NetBadge, then Enhanced NetBadge, to check your ability to “clear” Enhanced NetBadge successfully.
- If you can log in and see the Success! page: You may begin accessing systems protected by Enhanced NetBadge.
- If you cannot log in and do not see the Success! page: You may want use the tool below to revisit your personal security questions and answers.
- View, change, or reset your personal security questions and/or reset and (optionally) synchronize your passwords: Manage Your Passwords & Personal Security Questions.
- Note: To do this, you will need to either use your digital certificate to log into NetBadge or use your password to log into NetBadge, and then provide additional info to log into Enhanced NetBadge.