Application Developer LDAP Access
Software and application developers may want to use existing LDAP entries to:
- grant authorization to websites,
- customize information on the Web for targeted audiences, or
- control access to departmental electronic resources, such as reservation systems, databases, etc.
LDAP Groups Application Developers Access
In order to access relevant parts of the LDAP Directory information for use in applications and software at U.Va., developers must:
- Download and complete the LDAP Access Form (Adobe PDF document).
- Return the completed form via Messenger Mail to: Director, ITS-Infrastructure Support Services and Administration, P.O. Box 400324.
- If LDAP access is approved for your application, you will be given information on how to access LDAP resources for your application.
Questions about this process may be addressed to ldapaccess@Virginia.edu.
LDAP Application Example Scripts
- Vbscript .asp authorization example
Given a computing id obtained through some prior authentication method (such as Netbadge), this script looks up the group membership for a specfied group and asserts whether the user is a member or not.
Page Updated: 2012-02-16