Application Developer LDAP Access
Software and application developers may want to use existing Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) entries to:
- grant authorization to websites,
- customize information on the Web for targeted audiences, or
- control access to departmental electronic resources, such as reservation systems, databases, etc.
LDAP Groups Application Developers Access
In order to access the Private LDAP Directory information for use in applications and software at UVA, developers must:
- Complete an LDAP Access Request through the Service Request Catalog.
- If LDAP access is approved for your application, you will be emailed with information regarding the bind account and password you should use in your application.
Questions about this process may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LDAP Application Example Scripts
- Vbscript .asp authorization example
Given a computing id obtained through some prior authentication method (such as Netbadge), this script looks up the group membership for a specfied group and asserts whether the user is a member or not.