Enterprise Applications at UVA
Your Steps to Enterprise Applications Systems Access
UVA employees and their supervisors: Follow the steps below to gain access to Enterprise Applications systems (HR/Finance, Student Information System, Document Imaging System [ImageNow]).
Non-UVA Employees: Instructions for Medical Center, Foundation, and ROTC employees & Students »
- Step 1 - Choose Responsibilities
- Step 2 - Request Responsibilities
- Step 3 - Complete Training
- Step 4 - Accept Responsibilities
- Step 5 - Prepare Computer for Access
Step 1: Choose Responsibilities
The supervisor and employee determine what system access the employee needs to do his or her job and what responsibilities to request.
Review the information below for lists of system responsibilities and descriptions (choose the responsibilities that most closely align with the employee's job duties).
Contact the appropriate personnel familiar with the responsibilities for assistance:
- For HR/Finance — data access approver list
- For SIS — data access approver list
- For Document Imaging — data steward list
Step 2: Request Responsibilities
The supervisor, employee, or departmental data access approver submits the request for system responsibilities via ESHARP.
Step 3: Complete Training
- Before enrolling, find out the names of the Learning Path or the course the employee needs to complete. Use the information in Step 1 to search for each responsibility requested in Step 2, and view the appropriate "Responsibilities and Training" information.
- To ensure successful completion of a Learning Path for a responsibility, the employee should print and follow the Instructions for Completing a Learning Path.
- Contact the system trainers for questions on how to access training.
Step 4: Accept Responsibilities
Accept your system responsibility(s) via ESHARP.
Step 5: Prepare Computer for Access
The LSP or the employee (if there is not a departmental computer support person) prepares the employee's computer for access:
- Request and pick up a UVA Identity Token.
- Install the UVA Identity Token software by following the Installation Instructions.
- Install UVA VPN software after getting the UVA Identity Token. When you go to the website, select the JointVPN service.
- Verify the software on the computer is compatible with the Enterprise Applications systems.
- If required (many HR/Finance responsibilities), set up Java/JRE on employee's computer (if you need assistance, contact the departmental LSP or UVA Help Desk).
- For questions, contact the departmental LSP or the UVA Help Desk at 434-924-HELP(4357).