UVA Identity Token Authentication
JointVPN/UVA Identity Token Process Overview
Process Overview and Instructions
- Request a UVA Identity Token hardware token. If a user
requires a UVA Identity Token for VPN access to a protected server, the
user or his/her LSP can fill out the
Identity Token request form if the user has not yet been issued a Token.
- Separately Request Access. Access must be requested and approved
separately by each system steward or owner. The Access
Request and Approval Information page includes contact information for requesting
access to specific resources.
- Pick up the UVA Identity Token after it is created.
- User pickup (Preferred):
ITS Access Management Office staff
or, effective July 1, 2015, School of Medicine Desktop Support staff
will check recipient's photo ID, help set the Token password, and have the
recipient sign the UVA Identity Token Digital Certificate Form. The LSP will
then assist with UVA Identity Token software
- LSP Pickup:
If you (the LSP) come to pick up the UVA Identity Token, you must sign a form
indicating chain of custody of the device. You will assume responsibility for:
- installing the Token software;
- testing the Token;
- checking the user's photo ID; and
- getting the user's signature on the UVA Identity Token form.
- Return signed Token Form to ITS. The User or LSP will need to
return the signed UVA Identity Token Digital Certificate Form acknowledging that
the Token was received. Typically within 2 business days after the signed form
is received by ITS, the user's JointVPN account will be enabled for use with the
- Activation Status Updated. Your LSP or desktop support provider
can see that the JointVPN account is enabled for use with the UVA Identity Token
in LSP Network Administration