UVa Identity Token Authentication
JointVPN/UVa Identity Token Process Overview
Process Overview and Instructions
- Request a UVa Identity Token hardware token. If a user requires a UVa Identity Token for VPN access to a protected server, the user or his/her LSP can fill out the UVa Identity Token request form if the user has not yet been issued a Token.
- Separately Request Access. Access must be requested and approved
separately by each system steward or owner. The Access Request and
Approval Information page includes contact information for requesting access to specific
- Create UVa Identity Token. After all the information submitted is
verified, the UVa Identity Token creation team will create the token. The person submitting the request form will receive an email back indicating when and where the Token is ready to be picked up.
- Pick up the UVa Identity Token.
- User pickup (Preferred):
ISPRO Access Management Office staff will check recipient's
photo ID, help set the Token password, and have the recipient sign the UVa Identity Token
Digital Certificate Form. The LSP will then assist with UVa Identity Token software installation.
- LSP Pickup:
If you (the LSP) come to pick up the UVa Identity Token, you must sign a form
indicating chain of custody of the device. You will assume responsibility for: installing
the Token software, testing the Token, checking the user's photo ID, and requiring the user to
change their password before the user signs the UVa Identity Token form. (Note: The LSP helps the user change the password at the same time the user signs the UVa
Identity Token form since the LSP is responsible for making sure the user has changed the password.)
- Return signed Token Form to ITS. The User or LSP will need to return the
signed UVa Identity Token Digital Certificate Form acknowledging that the Token was received and the
password has been changed. Typically within 2 business days after the signed form is received by ITS,
the user's JointVPN account will be enabled for use with the Token.
- Activation Status Updated. The LSP can see that the JointVPN account is enabled for use with the UVa Identity Token
in LSP Network Administration Tools.