Digital Certificates Home
A personal digital certificate is like a digital ID card that resides on your computer. At UVA, your personal digital certificate allows you to:
- access UVA's encryted cavalier wireless network;
- authenticate through NetBadge using the faster and more secure digital certificate option; and
- install and use the Cisco VPN (UVA Anywhere).
Personal digital certificates are valid for 14 months. Approximately one month prior to the expiration date, you will receive a notification reminder that you have a certificate about to expire. When this happens, simply get a new certificate as described below.
Need a Digital Certificate?
You have 2 options to download a new digital certificate:
- Automatically: Let the UVA Network Setup Tool (NST) automatically install your certificate for you.
- Manually: Download and install your certificate manually.
Note: Prior to installing your digital certificate, verify that your computer’s system clock, date, and time zone are accurate. (Certificates are validated by date and time.)