Home Directory Service
Downloading and Installing HDS Login Program to Windows
On-Grounds: This page covers downloading and installation of Home Directory Service Login Program on computers running supported versions of Windows on-Grounds.
Off-Grounds: If you want to install and use HDS Login Program off-Grounds, you must first install the UVA Virtual Private Network (VPN), and configure it to use UVA Anywhere.
Before You Begin
- You must be logged in to your Windows computer as an Administrator or have administrative-level access before you can install this utility properly.
- You must have a working connection to the University computing network.
Downloading the Home Directory Service Login Program
- Download the Home Directory Service Login Program (HomeDirectoryVer2.zip) from ITS's Software Gateway.
- Save it to your Desktop or hard drive.
Installing the Home Directory Service Login Program
It's best to uninstall any older versions of this program first, if you have any, and close any open applications, before you begin this installation.
- Use Windows Explorer to locate the downloaded folder (HomeDirectoryVer2.zip), and double-click the folder to open it.
- Double-click on the HomeDirectoryVer2 Windows Installer package.
- The installer will guide you through the installation steps. Follow the prompts, clicking Next, until installation is complete.
- You're now ready to begin accessing Home Directory.