Home Directory Service
Uninstalling the Login Program from a Windows Computer
Before you can install a newer version of Home Directory, you must uninstall older versions of the Home Directory Service Login Program.
- You must be logged in to your Windows computer as an Administrator or have administrative-level access before you can install this utility properly. (Windows XP "Home" users are given administrative-level access by default when they set up the first accounts on the system.)
- You must have a working connection to the University computing network.
Uninstalling Home Directory
- Click on the Windows Start button in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen.
- Choose Control Panel to open the Control Panel window.
- Windows 7: Click on Programs and Features.
- Highlight Home Directory Login/HDClientVer2 in the list and click Uninstall.
- If you get a dialog box noting shared files, click Remove All.
- Once the uninstall is complete, you can install a new version if desired.