Home Directory Service
Online File Storage at UVA
The Home Directory Service (HDS) provides:
- Convenient online file storage - 4 Gigabytes (GB).
- Backup copies of your documents - within certain time limits.
- Easy Web publishing - publish and manage webpages. Your personal webpage URL is http://people.virginia.edu/~Your UVA ComputingID.
- Easy access using a software program on your computer or via the Internet from any computer connected to the UVA network.
Getting the Home Directory Service
In order to gain access to the Home Directory service, you must have:
- An Eservices account (automatically created for faculty, staff, and students when they join the UVa community). It includes access to storage space on the HDS.
- Off-Grounds access requires using the UVA VPN (Virtual Private Network - UVa Anywhere profile).
Once you have the required account, you can access the Home Directory from any computer connected to the UVA network via: