UVa Centralized Exchange Service
General Outlook/Exchange Troubleshooting
THIS PAGE CONTAINS INFORMATION ABOUT AN ITS LEGACY SYSTEM AND IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED.
This page, documenting the now-legacy UVA Centralized Exchange Service will be available on ITSWeb until Jan. 15, 2018, after which date it will be removed.
Troubleshooting Problems with Outlook/Exchange
- Each time Outlook launches, I receive a prompt to enter credentials for a SharePoint list. The login box will ask for credentials for such addresses as spweb.eservices.virginia.edu or moss.eservices.virginia.edu. Even removing the SharePoint list from Outlook by right-clicking on it and then clicking close doesn't solve the problem.
- Remove the SharePoint list from Outlook account settings.
- Launch Outlook
- File -> Account Settings -> Account Settings -> SharePoint Lists tab
- Double-click the SharePoint list that you want to delete from Outlook.
- Check the box that says Don't display this list on other computers I use and select OK.
- This takes you back to the SharePoint List tab. Click the list you wish to remove and it will highlight that list.
- Click the Remove button above the list.
- Click Close.
- Repeat the above steps on each machines where you use Outlook.
- Reopen Outlook.
- Delete SharePoint list data file after closing out SharePoint list from within Outlook.
- Right-click on the SharePoint list in the left-hand pane of the main Outlook window and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced, then copy down the file location next to Filename.
- Close out of the Properties window and right-click the SharePoint list in Outlook again and click Close.
- Close out of Outlook.
- Go to the path you copied down in the second bullet above and delete the SharePoint .pst file that exists there.
- Reopen Outlook.