UVa Centralized Exchange Service
Outlook/Exchange-Related Training Options
Outlook/Exchange Best Practices Trainings
As part of the Exchange Betterment Project, ITS engineers have gathered data on the most common problems experienced by UVa Exchange users and made several enhancements to our Exchange implementation on the back end.
Now, discover how you can better your own Exchange experience on the “front end” by implementing our recommended Exchange best practices:
- Best Practices for Exchange on a Mobile Device | (PDF version of training session)
- Best Practices for Exchange Email in Outlook | (PDF version of training session)
- Best Practices for Exchange Calendaring in Outlook | (PDF version of training session)
Additional information about future “Best Practices with...” Outlook Calendaring, Outlook Email, and Exchange Mobile Device Use in-person training opportunities will be announced on this page when available.
Online Training Available Anytime for Exchange Users
Unfamiliar with Outlook? Not sure how to complete a task? ITS provides UVa faculty and staff access to free, brief online training videos, viewable anytime, to help you learn!
To access them:
- Optional: View this Getting Started Guide (PDF) before viewing the VTC videos.
- Ready to view now?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a VTC login and password. Someone will get back with you within 2 business days with your VTC password.
- Go to www.VTC.com and log in with your UVa computing ID and the password provided to you.
- Once you have logged in, just search for your version of Microsoft Outlook, and then view the brief video segments on exactly the topics you need.