UVa Centralized Exchange Service
Outlook/Exchange-Related Training Options
Outlook/Exchange Best Practices Trainings
Discover how you can better your own Exchange experience by implementing our recommended Exchange best practices:
- Best Practices for Exchange on a Mobile Device | (PDF version of training session)
- Best Practices for Exchange Email in Outlook | (PDF version of training session)
- Best Practices for Exchange Calendaring in Outlook | (PDF version of training session)
Outlook Quickstart Guides
These guides will help you with email basics when using Outlook:
- Outlook 2013 (Windows) | (PDF version)
- Outlook 2011 (Mac) | (PDF version)
- Outlook 2010 (Windows) | (PDF version)
- Outlook Shared Mailboxes ("Generics") | (PDF version)
If you choose to use the University-wide calendar integrated into Outlook, check out the "Calendar" resources in the navigation at left as well as the lynda.com online tutorials below.
Online Training Available Anytime for Exchange Users
Unfamiliar with Outlook? Not sure how to complete a task? ITS provides UVa faculty and staff access to free, brief online training videos, viewable anytime, to help you learn!
lynda.com (Lynda Online Learning)
The University Library provides current UVa faculty, staff, and students access to free, brief online training videos that are segmented into just the topics you want to see.
If you've used Lynda Online Learning before, whether a personal subscription, trial, or via the earlier email registration method, you're prompted to migrate your profile to this new system when you first log in, so you'll be able to keep your entire course history if desired.
Need help? If you have questions, please use Ask a Librarian for current and up-to-date information.