Student & Alumni Email at UVa
Services Provided by Google, a UVa-Contracted Vendor
About UVa Student & Alumni Email
ITS partners with private vendor Google to provide University email accounts for:
- Current students (plus alumni in Classes of 2006 & later): Find out how to activate your UVa Gmail account.
- Alumni (Classes of 2005 and earlier): Access a Vmail account with HoosOnline.
Benefits Provided by Google
- Complete Communication Package: A complete suite of online communication tools> in addition to email, including integrated instant messaging (IM), online document sharing, calendaring, Web publishing tools,
- Modern, Sophisticated Email: Modern and user-friendly user interfaces, with large storage space allotments.
- UVa Email for Life: Students with UVa Gmail (in the Classes of 2006 & later) retain their UVa email address, messages, and account for life. Upon leaving the University, their messages and folders are preserved.
FAQs about UVa Student Email
- How do I activate access to my UVa email account for the first time?
- Can I change my email address to something easier to read, write, and remember?
- Can I consolidate my personal (non-UVa) email account and my UVa email account?
- How do I access my UVa email account on my smartphone or mobile device?
- Can I access my account using an email program such as Outlook (via POP or IMAP)?
- Will my email account or address change when I graduate or leave the University?
- more FAQs »
What Would You Like to Do?
- Check Your UVa Email Account
- Change Where You Read Your UVa Email
- Configure Your Mobile Phone for UVa Email
- Request an Email Alias
- Change Your Email Password
- Activate Your UVa Email Account