UVA's Email Virus Protection Service
Banned Attachment & MIME Types
UVA's Email Virus Protection Service drops messages which:
- have attachments that match known virus signatures, or
- which contain attachment and MIME types that appear on this page, or
- have attached unencrypted ZIP files containing files of the types on the banned attachment list,
and are sent:
- to any address of the form email@example.com (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org),
- to the ITS-provided Office 365 Service, unless the email is sent from another Office 365 account (in that case, the email never leaves Office 365 to be checked). Note: Email from an ITS-provided Office 365 account is not checked unless it is to a @virginia.edu address.
Banned Email Attachment and MIME Types
|Banned Attachment Types||Banned MIME Types|
Questions and comments about banned attachment and MIME types should be directed to the UVA Help Desk by calling (434)924-HELP (434-924-4357).