Email at UVA
Request & Manage Your UVA Email Account
(Step 1 of 2) Activate/Request a UVA Email Account
- UVA Gmail with Google Apps
- Gmail with Google Apps includes tools for online communication, collaboration, and publishing. Available to students and alumni in the classes of 2006 and later.
- Activate your UVA Gmail Account
- Vmail Account with HoosOnline
- Available to members of the classes of 2005 and earlier.
- Request a Vmail account with HoosOnline
Faculty & Staff *:
- Office 365 Email & Calendaring
- The Office 365 Email & Calendaring Service, supported for Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Web App (OWA), integrates UVA’s centralized calendar with email, mobile devices, and other applications in the Microsoft Suite like OneDrive and Office Online.
- Request an ITS-provided Office 365 Account
- Make a request through the Service Portal
* Eligibility: ITS-provided Office 365 accounts are available to students only in special situations; faculty and staff in Law, Darden, McIntire, and the Medical Center are not eligible for these accounts. UVA Gmail accounts are primarily for students and alumni; however, UVA Gmail accounts are also available to faculty & staff who provide technical support to students.
(Step 2 of 2) Manage Your UVA Email Address(es)
Once you have your new email account, you can log into the UVA Email Address Management System (AMS) to manage your UVA email address, including requesting a UVA email alias.