Email at UVa
Request & Manage Your UVa Email Account
University faculty, staff, students, and alumni may have an ITS-supported email account as described below.
After requesting or activating your account in Step 1, continue to Step 2 to use the UVa Email Address Management System to create and manage your email aliases, change where you read your University email, etc.
(Step 1 of 2) Activate/Request a UVa Email Account
- UVa Gmail with Google Apps
- In addition to email and calendar, Gmail with Google Apps includes tools for online communication, collaboration, and publishing. Google provides a number of additional benefits.
- Activate your UVa Gmail Account
- Vmail Account with HoosOnline
- Members of the classes of 2005 and earlier.
- Request a Vmail account with HoosOnline
Faculty & Staff:
- UVa Exchange Service
- The UVa Centralized Exchange Service (accessible through Outlook or Outlook Web Access from anywhere) integrates UVa’s centralized calendar with email, mobile devices, and SharePoint.
- Request UVa Exchange Account
- UVa Central Mail Service (CMS)
- The Central Mail Service (accessible through an email program on your computer or CMS WebMail from anywhere), provides basic email without a calendar.
- Request UVa Central Mail Account
While ITS recommends that faculty and staff choose between Exchange and the Central Mail Service, you may opt to have accounts on both. But then you will have to read email in 2 places.
UVa Exchange Service is not offered to alumni, and is available to students only in special situations. CMS accounts are not available for students or alumni. UVa Exchange Service requires an Eservices Exchange account.
(Step 2 of 2) Manage Your UVa Email Address(es)
Once you have your new email account, you can use the UVa Email Address Management System (AMS) to manage your UVa email address: