Departmental Computing Support (DCS)
What We Do
We partner with University departments to ensure their success in employing technology to achieve their goals.
To fulfill our mission, we serve as a bridge between ITS and the rest of the University, and as a catalyst within ITS for attention to the needs of academic departments, administrative offices and other organizational units.
More about DCS
Providing computing support poses multiple challenges in the diverse information technology environment at the University of Virginia. To assist departments with their technical support, DCS provides advocacy within ITS for University departments. We help ensure the coordination of ITS service changes and where indicated, contribute to case building for service changes.
Partner with ITS's Departmental Computing Support group to:
- network with other UVa technical support staff via the Local Support Partner (LSP) and Local Support Associate (LSA) programs
- have us conduct a technology assessment for your department
- get free access to technical resources like Microsoft's Technet
- loan laptops, video projectors and digital cameras (reserved through our online request form)
- get assistance with technology planning, project implementation, and consulting services
- foster ongoing and consistent communication between ITS and the user community
DCS is a component of ITS's Division of Computing Support Services. If you have specific questions, please send them via email to email@example.com.