ITS Communication Services
Telephone, Cable TV, and Paging Services
Important information about...
- requesting service and/or service changes with the Communication Service Request (CSR) system,
- voicemail (Xpressions) for faculty, staff, and students,
- cellular service,
- long-distance service (including Forced Authorization Codes (FACs) and student PINS),
- the University of Virginia Telephone Directory, and
- more can be found in the Section Navigation pane to your right under Telephones— including use of in-bound 800 numbers, equipment installation/relocation/removal, telephone service billing, and telephone system management within departments.
Cable television service is available to students living in on-Grounds residence halls.
Used mainly in the Medical Center the paging system is often referred to as the SIMON Paging System or just SIMON. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and reaches all areas in the UVa hospital and areas within a radius of approximately 25 miles of the hospital.
Communication Services Staff/Locations
The Carruthers Hall staff is responsible for processing requests for both service changes and equipment installation/relocation/removal. This group also handles telephone service billing (TSRs), requests for Forced Authorization Codes (FACs) and telephone calling cards, conference calling cards, voicemail service, requests for in-bound 800 numbers, and preparation of the University of Virginia Telephone Directory.
The staff in McKim Hall is responsible for paging services, ACD Reporting, operator services, and emergency call services.
Personnel in both groups provide consulting on telephone systems design and selection.
The group's services are available to the entire University, Health Sciences Center departments, and the Regional Centers of the School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS).
Send questions about Communication Services via email or call the main ITS Communication Services office at 434-924-4148.