ITS Software Central
Obtaining Licensed Software at UVa
All software titles on ITS Software Central are now available through
the UVa Software Gateway site.
For your convenience, starting Tuesday, Mar. 31, you will be automatically redirected to the UVa Software Gateway; please update any Software Central bookmarks you may have set to these new locations.
Software Central provides access to site-licensed software that can be distributed to members of the University of Virginia community at no charge, and with minimal tracking. You must be a student or employee of the University of Virginia to download software from this site.
General Software Titles
Browse to download available software titles by operating system:
Software for Windows Computers
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- 32-bit | 64-bit | how to tell?
- The following titles require installation of
.NET 2.0 Framework.
They work for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 8 once that is installed:
Win 8 with .NET 2.0 required titles.
- UVa Windows 8 Statement of Support & Availability
- UVa Windows 8.1 Statement of Support & Availability
- Windows 7
Software for Macintosh Computers
- Java on Macintoshes
- Macintosh OS X
- All Mac OS X software
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Microsoft Software Products
Through UVa’s Microsoft Agreements, most UVa students, faculty, and staff can obtain Microsoft software at very low or no cost:
- the Windows operating system;
- the Microsoft Office suite for both PCs and Macs; and
- many other Microsoft products.
The terms for installing these titles vary according to your status at UVa; see the Microsoft Software Chooser Wizard for pricing, limitations, restrictions, and information on how to obtain.