Cloud-Based Storage & Collaboration Service at UVa
UVa Box is a cloud-based storage and collaboration service that gives eligible members of the University community the ability to access, store, and share up to 50 GB of non-sensitive/moderately sensitive University files securely—anywhere, anytime, on any device.
- What UVa Box offers and what to store in UVa Box.
- Check out the blog post about UVa Box in UVa Today.
- Watch a YouTube video about how the UVa community is using Box:
What UVa Box Offers: Features of the UVa Box Service
- Simple, intuitive way to store lots of files online—50 GB/user!
- Access your files via computer, smartphone, & mobile device
- Send large files quickly, without emailing large attachments
- Share and collaborate with colleagues both inside and outside the University
- Auto-sync, commenting, customizable permissions, version history, and online editing functionality all available
- University-sanctioned and centrally-supported place in the cloud for your University files containing not-sensitive and moderately sensitive data
- Meets the security needs and contractual requirements of higher education
- Granular security controls enabling you to choose exactly who you want to share content with and how
- Single sign-on convenience and security behind NetBadge
Details/Quota of UVa Box
- How much space: 50GB
- Cost: Free to end users (all fees paid by ITS)
- Available to: Current Agency 207 faculty or staff and degree-seeking UVa students (see eligibility info)
- For how long: as long as you are at UVa.
- Usage: Not appropriate for certain types of data, including highly sensitive data (see UVa Box User Responsibilities for more info); and federal/state laws and UVa information policies apply.
- Apps available for: Macs, PCs, iPhones, iPads, Androids, BlackBerries, Windows Phones, and more! View the complete list of Official Box Apps.
Access Your UVa Box Account
- Log into UVa Box through NetBadge to access your UVa Box account now»