ITS Computing Accounts
Students: Activate Your UVA Email Account
New Admits: You must wait 72 hours after accepting your offer of admission and paying your admission deposit (if required) before you may start this.
Get Started Now: Activate Your UVA Email Account
- Familiarize yourself with your computing responsibilities by reading the Responsible Computing Handbook for UVA Students and/or by watching the Responsible Computing video, “When I go to UVA...”:
- Complete the Responsible Computing Tutorial with a score of 100% (there are no trick questions),
and agree to abide by UVA’s computing policies.
- For newly admitted undergraduate & graduate students: Take your Tutorial now (log in through NetBadge using your Temporary password—you’ll get a Permanent password later).
- For all other new students: Take this version of the Tutorial now if you did not receive a password for NetBadge during the admissions process.
- Access your new UVA Gmail account! View more info about UVA student email.
Later: Access Other Systems As Well
Temporary Password Now, Permanent Password Later
Once you arrive on Grounds as a new student for Orientation, you will be able to move from a temporary to a Permanent password by obtaining your UVA ID card & PassPhrase. Learn more about the New Student Process from Passwords & ID Verification to Accounts & Wireless.