2-Step Login (Duo)
How to Enroll in 2-Step Login
All UVA faculty and staff are required to be enrolled in 2-Step Login to access NetBadge-protected resources.
New employees receive a two-week grace period from the day they start work before they must meet this requirement, after which they will be prompted to enroll in 2-Step Login via the NetBadge Alert Page in the process outlined below.
Enrollment Process via NetBadge Alert Page
- Two-week "grace period" expires/NetBadge Alert appears
- Click "Setup a Device Now"
- Click "Start Setup"
- Choose Your Device
- Verify and Activate the Device
When an employee's first two weeks are up, they will be redirected to the NetBadge Alert Page when attempting to log in through NetBadge. They will no longer be able to log in until they have set up at least one device for their second authentication.
This button, found on the NetBadge Alert Page, will send you to the enrollment portal to set up a device.
This button, found on the first screen of the 2-Step Login Enrollment Portal, will begin the enrollment of your first device.
Select the type of device you will be enrolling (Smart Phone for Push Verification - Recommended; Smart Phone/Cell Phone for Calling Verification ONLY - without Duo Mobile App; or Landline Phone for Calling Verification - Office Phone/VOIP Phone, Home Phone).
You must have physical access to the device to complete the process.
Select the desired type of authentication for your device, then follow the on-screen prompts to complete activation.
- "Push" Authentication via Duo Mobile App
- To verify and activate your device to use a "push" authentication, you will need to install the Duo Mobile App. Follow the instructions that appear on the Install "Duo Mobile" App page to install the app on your device.
- After you have installed the app, you will then enter the phone number of your chosen device to receive an SMS (text message) with a verification code. Follow the instructions sent to your phone to complete activation. The "Finish" button will turn green when your phone has been activated.
- Call Authentication via Smartphone/Cell Phone
- To verify and activate your smartphone or cell phone to use a call authentication, enter the phone number of your chosen device to receive an SMS (text message) with a verification code. Enter this verification code in the appropriate field to activate your device.
- Call Authentication via Landline Phone
- To verify and activate your landline to use a call authentication, enter the phone number of your chosen phone to receive a voice call with a verification code. Enter this verification code in the appropriate field to activate your device.
You have completed enrolling in 2-Step Login. You can now use your device to authenticate through NetBadge-protected resources (i.e., Self-Service, UVA Collab, etc.).